This easy & tasty homemade oatmeal cookie recipe contains only 39 calories per cookie. It’s chewy fresh out of the oven and crispy after for a few days after it has cooled. Most of the ingredients used in this recipe are not diet alternatives. Butter, pastry flour, and oats are all used but portion size is cut down to still preserve the flavor of a traditional oatmeal cookie without the extra added calories. You can eat them fresh with a friend or a few friends especially if you enjoy chewy oatmeal cookies or you can store them at room temperature for up to one week and enjoy them as crispy cookies!
Calorie and macro info per cookie (10 cookies total):
39 calories, 2.7 F, 5.6 C, 0.8 fiber, 0.1 sugars, 1.4 P
21 g salted butter
20 g Truvia/Stevia powder
1 medium egg white (separated from the egg yolk, egg yolk can be used for making pudding for another recipe)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
40 g whole wheat pastry flour
ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, sea salt
3 pinches of baking soda
40 g rolled oats
Preheat the oven to 180˚C or 350˚F
1. In a bowl add in butter and truvia powder. Mix thoroughly using a spoon.
2. In an separate small bowl add in egg white and vanilla. Use a fork to beat thoroughly.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg to the butter mixture along with the beaten egg white and vanilla. Mix very well.
4. Add in rolled oats and mix thoroughly one last time.
5. Use butter or cooking spray to lightly grease the cookie sheet. Use your hand to make 10 small even cookies, flatten the cookies, and arrange them on the cookie sheet with even space in between.
6. Bake in the oven for 10 min or until when you insert a tooth pick into the cookie, nothing sticks to it.
7. Let the cookie rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Eat right away as chewy cookie or eat them later as crispy cookie up to 1 week at room temperature.
Hopefully you enjoy this delicious homemade oatmeal cookie recipe. For more delicious healthy dessert recipes:
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here:
Subscribe here to not miss a video: https://goo.gl/2gX5xD
Follow me on social media: