Semiya Kesari or Vermicelli halwa is a traditional Indian sweet made by vermicelli fried with flavourful nuts and melted sugar. This delicious recipe is a festival recipe prepared in almost every part of India for festival occasions. This is also a perfect sweet dish for your children after school. Try this surprise recipe for your kitty parties and birthdays.
VERMICELLI HALWA / SEMIYA KESARI
Ghee / butter – 3 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cashew nuts – few
Raisins – few
Vermicelli – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Yellow food color – a pinch [optional]
Sugar – 1 cup
Cardamom – 2 [crushed]
1. Heat 3 tsp ghee/butter in a saucepan. Add 2 tbsp oil to it. Fry few cashew nuts until golden brown on medium flame. Add few raisins. Let’s add 1 cup vermicelli to it. Fry it for one minute on medium flame. Switch off the flame and put it aside.
2. Now heat 2 cups water in a saucepan. Let’s add a pinch of yellow food color [optional] to it. Add fried vermicelli mixture to the boiling water. Cook it for 5 minutes or until water dried up. Switch off the flame and let it dry for 10 minutes.
3. Now add 1 cup sugar to it and cook it until sugar dissolves on low flame. Switch off the flame and add 2 crushed cardamoms [optional] for extra flavor. Let it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Watch our latest recipes here
Click here to watch Top 5 Kids Recipes :
1. Simple Oreo Smoothie – http://bit.ly/2kT1crG
2. Milk Fruit Punch – http://bit.ly/2jUZKSy
3. Semolina Pudding – http://bit.ly/2kwAjtz
4. Carrot Halwa – http://bit.ly/2kwBSnv
5. Chakkara Pongali – http://youtu.be/94oQxAizFE4
You may also like our World’s Top Kitchen Tips Collection
Try these yummy chicken recipes by our Master Chefs too