AnnoyingOrange Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake
I tweeted the annoying orange’s “father”, if you will, Dane Boe and he said he loves chocolate. I don’t know how morbid it is, but I immediately thought of orange and chocolate . . . cupcakes . . . with the annoyingorange’s face on the top! If your on youtube and you don’t know who the AnnoyingOrange is . . . I’m sorry.
Vegan RealAnnoyingOrange Chocolate Cupcake
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ cup orange juice
½ cup water
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup mandarin orange
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp orange extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Whisk together all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
3. Stir in orange juice, water, vegetable oil, white vinegar, and orange extract
4. Fold in mandarin oranges
5. Divide into cupcake pan
6. Bake for 20 — 25 minutes
Vegan Orange Buttercream Frosting
¼ cup margarine
¼ cup shortening
1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ tbsp orange juice
½ tsp orange extract
Orange icing color
1. Beat together margarine and shortening until well combined.
2. Slowly mix in powdered sugar until fluffy.
3. Lastly add in orange juice, orange extract, and orange icing color.
Thank you Dane Boe and the Realannoyingorange for inspiring me to demonstrate how to make the vegan annoying orange chocolate cupcakes.
Oops, I branded myself:
Blog: : http://www.thesweetestvegan.com
Follow me on twitter: : http://www.twitter.com/sweetestvegan
Like me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sweetestvegan